What is a petrolhead? or gearhead (if you’re reading this in the U.S)
If you’re reading this, the likelihood is you’re already one!
For me, there was no ‘one defining moment’. One lightning bolt that I can say that’s it I’m a petrolhead from this point on.
The fact is it could have been a number of reasons.
- Having a load of toy cars as a young kid and playing with them, endlessly
- Meeting my dad’s insurance salesman who used to drive an Audi S2, then later a black Porsche 911
- Or putting up a poster in my bedroom as a kid of a Porsche 993 Turbo.
Whatever it was, I was in the club!
I was fortunate enough (through some long hours) to own a couple of cars in my early teens that some can only dream of driving.
It’s a chequered car history, I’ll let you pick out the highlights.
- Ford Escort Van ( Yes, a van. My parents owned it but I used to cruise around in that thing)
- Vauxhall Cavalier 1.4l (Nice car, comfortable but really I wanted to be behind the wheel of the SRi
- Ford Escort 1.6Lxi (Brand new car at 18 years old, can’t be bad. That new car smell, Mmmmm)
- Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9 (Need an explanation?…Really? Bonkers insurance premium at 18 years old!)
- Honda Civic Vti (8000rpm redline anyone?)
- Audi A3 8L 1.8T (First german car)
- Ford Focus 1.6 (Grew up)
- Peugeot 306 2.0HDi (Gave up)
- Audi A3 8P (Great car, absolute workhorse
- Audi A3 8V (Even greater car! Love It.)
I could even give you all the reg numbers! There goes a petrolhead.
Clippingtheapex.com is there for you very people, the petrolheads, those who still want to get from A to B, but a bit quicker and with a sense of occassion and style.
We’ll bring you the stuff you want to hear about, without the time-wasting waffle.
There are not enough hours in the day sometimes so we’ll try not to waste yours.
I just don’t think that anyone would spend a lot of time looking at pictures, videos, and reviews of their next SUV. So we’ll stay clear of them. Until readers tell us otherwise that is!
- The new stuff
- The classic old stuff
- The electric stuff…we don’t mind. We’ll cover it
That being said if there’s anything that you particularly like to see, hear and read about please get in touch. My guess is if you want to see it, other petrolheads will too. Kinda makes sense doesn’t it!
Don’t be a stranger!